Some audio/video reportage from the Mogwai show last night at Union Transfer in Philly. Click the little icon in the top/left of the videos to hear the audio. Mogwai lends itself well to short looping videos…
Four tracks of guitar noodles. Set Follow Actions to a 60% chance of the current track continuing to play after one quarter-note and a 40% chance of any of the other three tracks playing, and set the Launch Mode to Legato. I gotta try this on vocal tracks.
Sometimes something comes along that just plugs directly into one’s brain and fits. This process and these sounds. Discovered via Analog Industries. More Wouter van Veldhoven here.
I played a live performance on November 27 in New York City. This was the first time I’ve performed with anything more than an accordion in a live and public setting, and as small and esoteric as it was, it was thrilling. My performance was part of a Disquiet Junto set at apexart, an art […]
I’ve been listening to Andrew Bird all day; on the bus to jury duty this morning, during the breaks that come with duty on a jury, on the bus ride home, walking the dog, and now here in the studio, late evening, as I get some work done that I need to get done even […]
In the last few weeks I’ve gone through an OP-1 love phase again, where I start thinking about interesting things to do with it, read the manual again, try stuff that I hadn’t considered previously, and so on. For instance, I plugged the output from the Doepfer A119 module (which is an external input preamp, […]
A really nice video of Bill Frisell playing with a collection of stompboxes. The simplicity of the EHX Freeze really shines at the beginning. I’ve seen that thing around and wondered, creatively, what’s really possible with it. This makes it desirable, though I suppose I can cover it with a bit more work with a […]
I’ve been away. I mean this in several senses of the word “away.” I’ve been traveling a lot in April. I’ve been away from making music for longer than that, even, as the day job has kind of taken precedence. And I’ve been away in that I stepped back from my gear as I think […]