switching cases

Last May I replaced my old Doepfer cases with nice Mission 9 from Monorocket. At the time I thought it would be such a great idea to record the entire process, speed the whole thing up and put it to music. So, I did the first part of that but until this week I never got around to completing the job.

Here’s the result. The music was made in December and features the two missing modules (Hertz Donut and Z8000) as well as a Pittsburgh Modular Vilfo that I didn’t have then, and have already traded out as well. Moving along.

The first half of the movie, the taking apart part, was filmed as video and sped up in the editing. The second half was a series of many many photographs taken every five seconds or so and stitched together. It has a jumpier quality to it. Enjoy!

a new case

Just a show-off post. I’ve been switching a lot of modules out and mostly into the synth, and yesterday put it all in a new Mission 9 case by Monorocket. As I put it through its paces with my son Wilson, I took a bunch of pictures, of course. I also shot video of the breakdown and build-up which I expect to edit and post soon.

The pictures highlight two new modules as well, the Malekko/Wiard Noisering and the Flame Tame Machine.

the Monorocket Mission 9
one ring to rule them all
Tame Machine in the house
the Monorocket Mission 9